COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Just for fun, a rocket launch seen from my hometown Oulu, Finland



I made this image manipulation to show the actual scale of the Saturn rocket in everyday environment.
Image shows my hometown from the marketplace and there is a map attached showing the locations.
The Height of the Apollo rocket is around 110m. The church, seen at left  in the image, is about 54m high.


A Saturn V launch from Oulu
Click for a large photo

I think, the city is pretty much gone after the launch...


The Map


PS.

Other well known landmarks seen in Oulu at scale

Cheops Pyramid
Click for a large photo



The Empire State Building
Click for a large photo




No comments: