COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Sunday, September 20, 2009

NGC 6888, deconvolution test






A fellow astro imager, Neil Fleming, in Yahoo group "astro_narrowband"
give me an idea about using more deconvolution algorithm to this image.
Thanks a lot Neil!
-
After testing several softwares, I found CCDSharp giving me best resul in this case.
( CCDSharp is a freeware from Sbig )
33 iterations of Lucy-Richardson deconvolution.
The Stars came out just fine, so no separate processing for them.
Final result was way more better than I was expecting!
-
You can compare those images to a previous ones, HERE in a HST-plalette and HERE in a Natural colors.
Imaging details can be found behind the links too.
Hydroge alpha channel alone


No comments: