COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Zoom in animation about the Veil nebula




I have done several studies about the apparent scale of several objects, to show, how large they really are in the sky. My older studies can be seen HERE (Just scroll down a bit, at the end of the page, click "Older posts" to see more.) I have imaged same targets with several focal lengths, form 200mm up to 3000mm, this time I made an animated GIF out of my material. 


Veil Nebula, a supernova remnant in Cygnus
An animated zoom in series, from a four to about a 0,4 degrees field of view

Please, let the animation load first, it's about 2.7MB.
Note. A size of the Moon is marked as a white circle, at the center of the images.
The apparent size of the Moon is ~30', that's equal to 0,5 degrees.

Images used in this animation can be seen here:
http://www.astroanarchy.blogspot.fi/2012/11/veil-nebula-collection-as-poster.html







No comments: