COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A new poster out of the images from a season past



The Winter season 2012-2013 starts to be over up here 65N. We'll loose dark nights for about six months, due to high latitude. Past Winter was kind of cloudy but since my observatory locates next to my home, I was able to use nearly every clear moment during the Winter. 

Image count is relatively high since many of the images are just finalized in this season and there have been material from past years to continue to work with.  I have published 24 new images ( Plus color and other versions of them.)

Beside traditional astronomical images, I have done some experimental work by adding a volumetric information to my images. My 3D-work gets widely published by several medias, like Wired magazineSmithsonian Institute magazinePetaPixel and many many others.

At end of the year 2012, one of my experimental 3D-images was selected as one of The Best Astronomical Images of 2012 by the astronomer Phil Plait. 


Collection of my images from the Winter season 2012-13
Be sure to click for a full scale image, 1920x2800 pixels and 4.5 MB




A HD 1080p movie from images above in 
images are in chronological order

Photos of instruments, used for images above, can be seen 

All of my astronomical art can be found from my 


My telescope is not a pretty boy but it works


Please, click HERE to see my gears and info about them.



Examples of my experimental 3d-work 
Movies and GIF-animations



3D-images in different formats
parallel and cross vision free view, anaglyph Red/Cyan 3D